(Last Updated: 19, June 2018)
1. Types of Information We Collect
Personal Information: Personal information is information that you provide when you set up your WP-Scan account individually or on behalf of an organization and the team members within the organization using the Service such as your business name, team members names, email addresses, telephone numbers, credit card information, other account number, and information about your activities.
Aggregate Information: Personal information does not include “aggregate” information. Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of products, services or customers, from which individual customer identities have been removed. In other words, information about how you or how your organization use a service might be collected and combined with information about how other individuals and organizations use the same service, but no information relating to specific individuals or organizations will be included in the resulting data. Likewise, information about the products you purchase might be collected and combined with information about the products purchased by other individuals or organizations. Aggregate data helps us understand trends and customer needs so that we can better consider new products and services, and tailor existing products and services to customer desires. We might share aggregate information about our users with third parties for various purposes, such as helping us better understand and improve our services, and for advertising and marketing purposes.
2. How We Collect and Use Personal Information
WP-Scan collects personal information from you at several different points on our Sites, as set forth below. In general, we use personal information for the purpose for which it was collected (such as to provide services or complete transactions you have requested, for billing purposes, and to anticipate and resolve problems with our Sites and our products and services), for our own internal business operations, to respond to customer support inquiries and for other purposes as described below.
3. User Account; Other Information Submissions
When you create a user account on our Sites, you are asked to create a unique login (username) and password, and are required to give certain personal information. We might also request certain information about your preferences.
Information you provide during account creation might be used for some or all of the following:
- to provide services you have requested, or to otherwise fulfil your requests; and
- to contact you from time to time (i) about services on our Sites for which you have expressed interest; (ii) with news; (iii) for internal marketing, informational, and promotional purposes; or (iv) for any other lawful purpose related to your use of the Sites.
Additionally, your account information might be used, together with other information you submit to us in conjunction with your use of the Sites, for the following purposes:
- to contact you for any reason regarding content you have submitted to any of the Sites; and
- to identify you by user name when posting content you submit to us on any of the Sites.
Any information that is publicly displayed on our Sites (such as user names) might appear in the results of searches conducted on Internet search engines while you are a member of the Sites and potentially for some time period after your Account is terminated, depending upon the search engine’s indexing practices.
As a WP-Scan account user, you will receive our transactional business communications (e.g., e-mail address confirmation, administrative messages, renewal notifications, etc.) at your e-mail address or street address. In addition, you might be automatically enrolled in one or more of our e-mail subscription programs.
While we reserve the right to send you our transactional business communications without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them, we do provide you with the opportunity to select whether or not you wish to continue to receive our subscription-based e-mails. You will also be given the opportunity to select whether to receive promotional offerings, such as new product offerings.
5. Public Forums
6. Contests, Promotions, Offers, and Survey
From time to time, we may request personal information from users in connection with contests, promotions, offers and/or surveys. Participation in these contests, promotions, offers, and surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore may choose whether to disclose personal information in connection with these activities. Personal information requested in connection with these activities might include contact information (e.g., your name and shipping address) and demographic information (e.g., your zip code). We use the information collected in connection with contests, promotions and offers to notify you if you’ve won and to award prizes and to otherwise communicate with you regarding the applicable contest, promotion or offer. We use information we collect in surveys for internal purposes, such as to ascertain the use of the Sites and improve their usefulness to you. We might also provide third parties with this information, and might combine it with some or all of your registration information. Third parties might use the information we provide them to contact you regarding products or services that might be of interest to you. These disclosures are discussed in greater detail below in the “Disclosure of Personal Information” Section. When we intend to provide information collected from you during a contest, promotion, offer, or survey on the Sites to third parties, we always disclose this to you at the time of collection of the information.
7. Customer Service
We collect personal information when you submit comments, questions or suggestions to our customer service department. We use the information you provide to respond to your submission and to make improvements to the Sites and for other internal purposes.
8. Cookies, Web Beacons, and Log Files
Web Beacons: We use, and permit third parties to use, “Web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, 1-by-1 GIFs, and Web bugs) on our Sites and in our e-mail newsletters, to monitor the effectiveness of advertising and for other lawful purposes. These Web beacons do not collect personally identifying information about you on our Sites.
Log Files: We track log files on our Sites (i.e., we log your computer’s IP address into our log files when you visit a page on our Sites) and use them to analyze trends, administer the Sites, track your movements on the Sites, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We might link some or all of this information to personally identifiable information that is stored on a cookie in your computer. We only use information gathered from these activities for our internal marketing and operational purposes.
9. Disclosure of Personal Information
With your consent, we might disclose your personal information to third parties in order to provide you with products and services that you have requested. With your consent, we might disclose information you provide to us during registration to third parties in conjunction with:
- your entry into a contest or promotion,
- your request with respect to an offer, or
- your participation in a survey or similar activity on the Sites. You might be asked for additional information in order to enter the contest or promotion, make a request with respect to an offer, or participate in a survey.
The third parties will use the information we provide to them, along with any information you provide in connection with your entry, request, or participation, in order to:
- notify you if you have won a prize in a contest or promotion, and/or
- fulfil, or facilitate fulfilment of, requests for products or services you may make in connection with your entry, request, or participation. Please note that any information that is passed on to these third parties is subject to those involved third parties’ privacy practices. When we intend to provide information collected during a contest, promotion, offer, or survey on the Sites to third parties, we always disclose this to you at the time of collection.
11. WP-Scan’s Own Business Purposes
We use and disclose information about you for our own internal statistical, design, or operational purposes, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns, and understand demographic, user interest, purchasing and other trends among our users.
We might outsource tasks and disclose personal information about you to third parties, provided the use and disclosure of your personal information by these third parties is restricted to performance of such tasks. We might also share personal information with third-party vendors who assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business. We shall require our third party vendors to keep such information confidential and to only use the information for the purpose it was provided.
12. Protection of WP-Scan and Others
13. Business Transfers
Information about our users, including personal information, might be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, financing, sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personally identifiable information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets of the company.
If you are under the age of 13, please do not register or provide information on our Sites without the consent of a guardian.
15. Third Party Web Site Advertising – General
16. Third Party Links
17. Third Party Sources
We use reasonable security measures to store and maintain personally identifying information so as to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction by unauthorized parties while it is under our control. We use secure socket layer (“SSL”) encryption when transmitting certain kinds of information, such as payment information, over the Internet.
19. International Users
20. Correcting and Updating Personal Information
We give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving commercial e-mail from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in the message. Even if you opt-out in this manner, however, you will still receive transactional business communications (i.e., account-related messages such as e-mail address confirmation, administrative messages and renewal notifications) from us. To get placed on our “DO NOT E-MAIL” list for commercial e-mail, send a request to [email protected]. If your e-mail address is added to the “DO NOT E- MAIL” list, you will not receive any commercial e-mail from us. Please note, however, that your e-mail address being placed on the “DO NOT E-MAIL” list does not prevent you from receiving email messages from third parties from which you requested information, products, or services from, during or after registration. To opt-out from such messages, or from any other communications that you receive directly from third parties, you must contact them directly in order to opt-out. Please note too that your e-mail address being placed on the “DO NOT E-MAIL” list does not prevent you from receiving transactional business communications (as described above) from WP-Scan.
It is important to keep in mind the following with respect to your personal information:
- You can always opt not to disclose information, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain features or services on the Sites.
- You are able to add or update certain registration information. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your WP-Scan account by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
- As explained earlier, the “help” portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if cookies are disabled, you may not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
21. Contact Us